Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sunday Funday after the Rough Day... Sep. 27, 2015

Sunday wasn't too much better than Saturday. We were a team of 4. Good number actually. Dad, me, Woodie, and Melissa.

The first hog I didn't go too just in case they got out there and needed a bulldog. They cleaned it on the spot so the pictures came from Melissa.

I looked down at the tracker and it said that Tip was bayed. He stayed bayed for a good half hour... this is how we found him... he was bayed alright...


So we went on and got just past where we caught the big hog Saturday and one of the hunting club members was disking a patch. I thought to myself, there won't be anything down in here because he's kept up so much noise with that tractor. Tanner was the only dog in the box. We got maybe 20 yards past the tractor and the dogs struck up and a black boar came speeding across the road in front of us, headed straight to the river. I didn't want him to swim the river so I ran and let Tanner out. She headed him off and then the bay was on. We sent Jase to him and I stayed in case Charlie was needed. All of a sudden this awful noise that I had never heard before rang out. Finally, everything went quiet and they started calling for the pistol. I got out there and asked them what that noise was and Dad said that the hog had caught tip by the lip and he was hollering and dad flipped the hog on top of him. Then, it started raining, so we took that as a sign to get back to the truck.





We hadn't made it too close to the truck and whatever had snapped under the ranger Saturday finished breaking and we were dead in the road. We hooked to Woodie's ranger and he pulled us the rest of the way back. Thank God for having another ranger there and good friends to help us out.

All in all it was a good weekend with good hogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment