Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September 19... i'm terrible at titles

We only hunted one day last weekend on account of the Alabama football game being so late. Saturday wasn't our best day, but it wasn't our worst day either.

We started off with a decent boar hog.
Only pic I got of him
 
 
Our second catch was a little more interesting. We sent the dogs out with Dad and Henry. I was watching the tracker and all of a sudden the dogs started barking and the tracker said that they had hit the river. We weren't far so Little Aubrie and I and her Aunt Lisa decided we would walk to the river bank and see if we could see them. Well, all of a sudden I saw this animal running at me... at first I thought it was one of the dogs, but the closer it got I realized that it was a big black boar hog headed straight to us. My first thought was, what do I do with Aubrie because there were no trees close enough for me to get her to one. The only thing I could think to do was stand in between her and him. Thank the good Lord above that that hog saw us and made a 90 degree turn and headed straight for the ranger. My second thought was, Where are the dogs??? Finally after what felt like 20 minutes (probably only 1 or 2) I saw Hound Dog running at full speed after him with the rest of the pack following behind. We really don't know what happened after everyone crossed the road. We assume the boar run through a sows bed and got the dogs to jump track. We didn't get the boar, but we got a no-eared sow...

  All in all we had a pretty decent hunt.

Here are a few random captures:
She wants to know why she cant get out of the box like Aubrie can

Still doesn't know about Aubrie

They killed this one while they were walking the dogs out!


No comments:

Post a Comment